Monday, June 7, 2010

Love Letters from the Front --- WWI

My grandfather, Henry D. Call, was just beginning his teaching career when he was called up to serve as a soldier on the front lines during WWI. Just before he left his home in Bountiful, Utah, he gave a diamond engagement ring to his sweetheart, my grandmother, Violet Wood. I have been transcribing their 1918-1919 historical and passionate love letters .... letters that were flying across the sea on wings of love (ok.. corny but true). This has been a wonderful project for me... see the sidebar on my blog and read some of them... There are 130 letters... I have typed up 30 so far. I am sending them out to my cousins/brothers/children/uncles..... Grandma and Grandpa Call both lived to be 84.. 5 children, 25 grandchildren and 92 gr. gr grandchildren.
To Violet from Henry

Henry Call


Violet Wood








1 comment:

I Choose Happiness said...

What an amazing treasure!! That's awesome that you are transcribing them for your family.