Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Standard Examiner--Front Page



I was in the parade, too, sitting on the back of a cute yellow convertible in front of their float waving to the crowd... The placard on the side of the car read "Anne House, Daughter of the Original Whoopee Girl"..... Isn't that a trip? My 15 mins of fame lasted 15 blocks. The best was when so many of my former students yelled "Mrs. House!" Yep, that thar's me in the black cowboy hat... Yee Ha ....



Melissa and her daughters Kami and Macy were asked to ride on the float for the Ogden Pioneer Days Parade (24th of July Utah holiday). They flew in from Minnesota Tuesday. They were to represent my mother, the symbol of Ogden..and a famous pin-up girl for the last 75 years. 15 blocks down Washington Ave.... thousands of people cheering them on.Wish mother were here. She should have been the one. But Melissa was the star, in her whoopee girl outfit, huge hat, white boots , diamond belt, and swinging her lariat. The little girls were PRECIOUS. We were also recognized at the rodeo on Tuesday night and the finale, Friday night on the 24th.
I'll post more photos when I get more time.

No comments: