Sunday, April 11, 2010

BYU BALLROOM DANCE COMPANY

When we lived in Yuba City, the highlight and absolutely BEST cultural event of the year was to get tickets to the BYU Ballroom Dancers' show and Especially great was to house the dancers at our home..... So Gary surprised me last week by getting us tickets to the show at the Marriott Center.... at some moments we were only ten feet away from the dancers..... COULD NOT BELIEVE our great seats... ON THE FLOOR, second row, and I sat next to the honorees of the night, Linda and Lee Wakefield... who have been directors for 35 years or so. This night was the 50th year anniversary of the BYU Ballroom Dancers... they even had about 300 of the OLD ones come out and dance.... After the GREAT show, I talked with Linda and Lee Wakefield.... one of my girlfriends from Deseret Towers in '72 was Jan Gaub, Lee's partner for many years... So good to get an update from him about her. Here is my favorite clip from the night... The Pirates of the Caribbean... MUST SEE... I'm pretty sure I saw Johnny Depp twirling on the dance floor..

No comments: