Monday, August 16, 2010

Playing Doctor

taken from Melissa's blog.... and if you want to see the e-coli cake... go to: http://fowlersflowers.blogspot.com/


The girls are always creating scenarios. "Let's plan circus in our backyard", "Let's plan a parade for the neighborhood", "Let's do a fashion show". "Let's empty out all of the cabinets and make it into our play fort". All of these sentences translate to one thing "Let's make a gigantic mess and then leave it for Mommy to clean up." I have a love/hate relationship with these scenarios. I've been putting the smack down on the clean-up aspect and that has helped. I do love that they entertain and organize themselves rather than plopping down in front of the TV.


Here they are playing Doctor's Office. They created a waiting area with magazines and puzzles, a hospital bed, an X-Ray machine (turning the lights on and off in front of the mirror) and an OR. Kami did an H&P on me and gave me "antibiotics" with a real syringe. I ended up needing open heart surgery to which Macy performed. Kami diagnosed Steve with a broken leg after looking at his X-Ray.

No comments: