Sunday, June 15, 2008

On Father's Day


Here are 4 Fathers & Sons...
Cyril Call -- lived in Vermont, but ended up in Utah. He was born just 3 years after the US Constitution was signed! He joined the church in 1831, a year and a half after the church was restored. He and his son Anson knew Joseph Smith and Brigham Young very well. His house in Illinois was burned the ground in what we would today call a hate crime. He had 13 children and came out with the early pioneers.
Anson Call -- Brigham Young sent him to Utah as a captain over 100 wagons and settled in Bountiful, area, then settled many other areas in Utah, Idaho, and Colorado. He had 24 (yeah really) children..his youngest son was my gr. grandfather.
David Call -- was a kind, soft spoken man, my father tells me. He had nine children. His 2nd son Henry was my beloved grandfather.
Henry D. Call -- lived on a farm in Layton and was a school principal in Clinton for 43 years! Thousands of people around here still know Mr. Call and LOVE him. He fought in WWI in France. He raised my dad and my Aunt Elizabeth, and Uncles Steve, Jay and H.D. on a farm in West Layton. All my brothers and all my 24 cousins just LOVED my GRANDPA CALL.
HAPPY FATHER's DAY!

No comments: