Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Special Bed


I had a wonderful visit with Liz Stanley, my cousin Besti's 2nd daughter last week. She lives in Salt Lake now in a darling refurbished house in the Avenues. This bed is an antique. My dad and his sister Elizabeth were born in this very bed in 1921 and 1922 in Bountiful. It is made of beautiful wood and hand-carved inlays. When Aunt Elizabeth died in October, Liz's house became its new home. This is Liz and Henry----named after my grandfather, the same as listed in the posts below. Keep good care of that bed Honey! What a treasure.

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

oh this isn't the bed that folds up into the wall, kathy has that one. that one was a pioneer bed. this was the one mema was born in that was upstairs in her bedroom

Anne House said...

WOW-- I had it wrong..so this was the bed Dad was born in, but there was a different bed that was the fold-up? Thanks for setting me straight. Besty, if you're reading this...was this the bed that was in Grandma Call bedroom all those years? I'd morphed these two beds and two stories into one. Either way, SWEET pic of you and Henry on the bed...