Monday, January 19, 2009

Queens

Last week I was contacted by a member of the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo committee ....She told me that she wants to rebuild the float because this year is the BIG 75th anniversary of the Ogden Pioneer Days... In this photo below, my mother was invited back for the 30th year anniversary to stand on the float.
My mother was the image of it---named "The Whoopee Girl"....they want Melissa to play my mother and her two daughters to be the rodeo 'princesses'...isn't that cool? We'll fly out the family out for the event.... Anyone even NEAR Ogden on the 24th of July this summer...come on out with your cameras....They are recreating the costumes, too. Remember, my mom was 14 in 1936 when she posed for the original photo.
hummm...looks like Melissa, right?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Mom, its a beauty only a mother could love.....

Yes, My body is pretty rockin' like that isn't it?

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous!!

Anonymous said...

How cool! I wish I could be there for it. Your mother would be so proud!

Anne House said...

Thanks Heidi and Steph... bring your families out and stay at our place! watch for me ..uh...maybe driving the float or fighting off all the cute little cowboys from hittin' on my grandaughters, and Steve.... he could be a horse pooper scooper..and Cash...he should have a float all to himself ... he's so glorious...