Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Here are some haunting pictures... What a movie! … This movie has really touched me..Everyone must go rent it NOW…










The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a story that offers a unique perspective on how prejudice, hatred and violence affect children during wartime. Through the eyes of an eight-year-old boy largely shielded from the reality of World War II, we witness a forbidden friendship that forms between Bruno, the son of Nazi commandant, and Schmuel, a Jewish boy held captive in a concentration camp. Though the two are separated physically by a barbed wire fence, their lives become terrifically intertwined. The story of the two 8-year olds tell of the consequences of war from an unusual point of view. Their tragic experience tell the horror of the Holocaust.








3 comments:

Dial Family said...

I had a friend post an insert on this movie... it sounds SUPER heart touching.. don't know if I could get thru even the first few minutes of it knowing what happens!! (yep, she ruined it for me!!)..

Anne House said...

I have told all my students they have to see it..since it's PG13 I can't show it in the school--ironic, isn't it...there's no sex, no foul language, and no violence (except implied or off screen)... This is what the kids SHOULD be seeing. Curses to your friend who revealed the end!

Brenna said...

Loved it........but when it ended I just sat there stunned. Ticked. Grrrr....