Thursday, February 18, 2010

Betsy Barlow Ricks





This is my sister Betsy....we're the same age.....ok.. she's really my cousin but if I HAD a sister she would be the best sister ever. Besty lives in Scarsdale, New York with her husband Tim. They have raised 6 utterly fantastic kids. She is loyal, fun, funny, pretty, a true leader, a trained vocalist, faithful to a fault, smart...but hopelessly naive and gullible... and she always makes me feel loved. We truly grew up together... with me spending summers at her house in Redwood City... and her spending weeks with me in Red Bluff and Whiskeytown Lake. We caused mischief together and even got spankings together. We always got poison oak together. We were at cheerleading camp together... we created secret words and phrases..we laughed and shared secrets and talked about boys in that teeny bouncy 100year-old bed at Grandma's... I was there when she got her first kiss (actually, I arranged it)... I told her about the facts-of-life when she was 9 (she didn't believe me)... we went to BYU together, we were in the same dorm together, and we went to Europe our junior year of college together. We got engaged, married, and had our first daughters within months of each other...I love my Betsy!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She's so wonderful! I'm so glad you have a friend/sister/cousin like her.

Liz Stanley said...

i have her here now! lucky me

Anne House said...

YES, lucky you...

Mom said...

Man, Anne I was always an "Anne want to be" but since I could never be as beautiful, smart, talented, funny and organized as you....I just had to be happy that you are my dear sister...yes, sister because I am sure that they got things a little confused upstairs!!!
Love you LOTs, Sis

Love, Betsy