Sunday, February 14, 2010

Immaculee Ilibagiza




I don't know when I have been so touched by a book. I recommend this to everyone.. I could NOT PUT IT DOWN... This is our book club selection for this month. I can't believe I didn't know about this horrible situation.. just 15 years ago... WHERE WAS AMERICA? In just 3 mos., 1 million Tutsi were murdered...slaughtered... ImmaculĂ©e shares her miraculous story of how she survived during the Rwanda genocide in 1994 when she and seven other women huddled silently together in the cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s house for 91 days! In this captivating and inspiring book, ImmaculĂ©e shows us how to embrace the power of prayer, forge a profound and lasting relationship with God, and discover the importance of forgiveness and the meaning of truly unconditional love and understanding—through our darkest hours. Read it and report back!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to read it. Jessica stole my copy since I was halfway through MY Life in France, but she said it is captivting and so sad.

I promise I will return and report.