Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Kentucky Derby

Want to know something about me you never knew? I am a freak about The Kentucky Derby! I NEVER miss it and know almost everything about it! Every first Saturday in May (tomorrow at 4:00) those high spirited 3 year old gorgeous, swift, and shiny horse Run for the Roses. And every year I sit in front of my T.V. hollering and making way too much noise... wearing my fashionable ladies' hat....here's a good one......
And I cheer on my favorite. This year I am cheering for Lookin at Lucky. 2-1 odds My other favorite horse is Dean's Kitten, though it has a 40-1 chance... also, Devil May Care.... I should come back in my next life as a stable groom or jockey.... ummm love the smell of stables and a having a worn curry brush in my hands. And they're off! Here are the horses running this year.. Don't you love their names?
Here's Churchill Downs........ just after the patrons rise and sing "My Old Kentucky Home"....a 2 minute race.........I also REALLY like the horse Discreetly Mine....wish me luck... (last year's race was the MOST EXCITING I had ever seen!)

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Sawyer said...

Just great! A horse named after me... 14 - 1. Just Great.

Anne House said...

Your odds are a lot better... I'd bet on you anyday.

Tyler Lyons said...

Nice odds you got there. I've been on horse betting too but I usually got horse betting odds and tips from this horse betting site. They are pretty informative.