Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love California....But would rather live in Utah

This is the half-mile dirt road just off HWY99E into my dad's property, just south of Red Bluff ... I always roll my windows down at this point to smell the ranch... awwwww.. can you see Dad's house at the end? squint...
I came upon this intersection in Corning, and was dumbstruck ... what was this...progressive scupture? new age art? remants of a terrible accident? Then it hit me... I was looking at an olive orchard, and this was an oversized (duh) olive with a red toothbpick through it. See.. those New Yorkers have nothing on us.
Awwww... a very common sight in the Central Valley north of Sacramento... rice fields. The Sutter Buttes loom behind.
My favorite spot ever.. some of the best memories were here. The south fork of the Yuba River at BRIDGEPORT, CA. This is the longest covered wooden brigde in the U.S. Bigfoot was just to the left of this photo..darn..
Can you see Christie Call here? I know she's in there somewhere. Gloriously warm water, clear as a bell, and you can almost see the gold nuggets shining on the shore. Gary and I used to have fun gold-panning around here.. those were the days of our gold pans and metal detector.

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Sawyer said...

Seems like you miss California. We miss you, too!

Melissa said...

I'm getting homesick. I love Bridgeport.