Tuesday, December 7, 2010

STIFF a great book


Oh MY GOSH! I love this book... I can't wait to read it every night....

This is the introduction to the book: (Got me hooked)

The way I see it, being dead is not terribly far off from being on a cruise ship. Most of your time is spent lying on your back. The brain has shut down. The flesh begins to soften. Nothing much new happens, and nothing is expected of you.

If I were to take a cruise, I would prefer that it be one of those research cruises, where the passengers, while still spending much of the day lying on their backs with blank minds, also get to help out with a scientist's research project. These cruises take their passengers to unknown, unimagined places. They give them the chance to do things they would not otherwise get to do.

Death. It doesn't have to be boring.

No comments: