Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is March 12th, my mother's birthday. She passed away 13 years ago, but instead of being sad, I have decided to be happy happy happy that she lived a wonderful 73 years. This picture says it all. She was beautiful inside and out...everyone was better for knowing her. Besides her family, she had a HUGE inpact on thousands of students...she was an effective and popular English teacher at Red Bluff High School for so many years. I loved going to school knowing that she was there and that every so often, someone would say, "Is Mrs. Call your mother?"...and it was always a positive thing. She's the reason I've taught English for 30 years...Can you see in this photo how Dad is looking at her? What a team. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!...would be 86 today.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

She IS so beautiful and I love this picture.

Now, what am I, chopped liver? My birthday was a couple days ago....

Heidi said...

I love this picture! He looks like a hungry man and is looking at her like she's a ham sandwich!

All couples should steal glances at each other like that.