Sunday, March 30, 2008

Henry Call

Isn't this a great picture of my grandfather? My father was his oldest child, and I think they are a lot alike. Henry taught thousands of students here in Utah (Including my husband's secretary who LOVED Mr. Call). He was a principal for Clinton Elementary (K-8) for 43 years..can you imagine that! A more honorable, adorable man there never was. I remember him very well...loved the visits to his farm--a change from our studies at BYU. I remember that he was always teaching...even if it was which apples were the best or how to raise the best tomatoes. When he left his house for the last time, he was even telling the ambulance driver to be careful driving over the railroad crossing bumps. He has been honored with so many awards, I couldn't list them all, but best of all, he was my Grandpa Call.

No comments: