Monday, April 28, 2008

Rag Blanket

Grandma House and her three grandchildren. Cash was 4 hours old here. I was 470,412 hours old.
Before I traveled to Tucson I put together this rag quilt. I sew and quilt a lot but have never done one like this.
The backside was blue flannel with the words from the song "I am a Child of God" in many languages. This is especially sweet since my Uncle LeGrand Ward's sister, Naomi Ward Randall, wrote that song!
Running on a rodeo theme, I cut up two shirts I had with my mother's picture to add to the mix. Now he can look at his cowgirl great-grandma every day and drool over her. Maybe Cash will grow up to be a cowboy no matter what Willie Nelson says about cowboys and babies....afterall, I am from Red Bluff, home of the 'largest two-day rodeo in the world', and Steve is from Wyoming, 'The Cowboy State'. I can picture him as a bronc-riding champ. 8 seconds is all it takes.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Super cute quilt! I didn't know you were so talented.

By the way, I love the square that focuses on your mom's sexy legs!

Anne House said...

Thanks...I always say, the only pin-up girl my son can have on his wall was that of his grandma. When the photo was transformed into the Whoopee Girl drawing it became a little more risque (Jessica Rabbitish)
...You should try the rag quilt, with all your craftiness. I just looked up rag quilt on google...

Melissa said...

I love my quilt. Thanks Grandma.

-Cash