Sunday, April 6, 2008

Remembering the Baby Days

With the birth of my grandson in 4 days, and the darling photos of Henry Stanley and Heidi's little boy, I am nostalic for my own new mother and baby days....the most recent was 16 years ago. Here are some photos: Our house on Blevin Road in Yuba City...January, 1992..."It's a Boy"
Gary and his first and only son, Christian Jordan House...you would think those would be religious names...but noooo....I am married to a diehard Tar Hill North Carolina fan (and UNC alumni)...He is named after 2 of the NC great basketball players---Christian Laettner and Michael Jordan.... I wanted to name him Henry Richard Call. I lost. But I've really loved the name Christian for all its REAL meaning. He's never been a Chris.
Crib room, it was my office but I gave it up...
Otherside of crib room....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Henry is such a popular name now. But it wasn't then so Christian thanks me, I'm sure.

Melissa said...

Kami keeps asking me about where I slept when I was a girl (thinking that I grew up in your current house. I was happy to see the picture of our old house so I could show her where I grew up.

Heidi said...

Oh, the good times had in that house!

I totally remember when Christian was born. I thought I was the luckiest girl because my best friend got to stay at my house for almost a week.