Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lorene Donaldson Call


This is my mother, and a wonderful, wonderful mother. The pictures below tell a bit about her very interesting claim to fame...at age 14. Her photo was sent around the world three different times by Associated Press to announce the Ogden Pioneer Days. She had tons of fan mail, marriage proposals, and even an odd brush with the King of England, Edward and his wife, Wallis, which may have affected their decision of where to live, after he renounced the throne. (story for future post)
...Mostly, I know her as a great mother, a wonderful and popular English teacher at Red Bluff Union High in California, and someone who loved learning, reading, animals and especially horses, any stranger, traveling, and a stellar example of someone who loves the gospel of Jesus Christ. She also loved my dad and taught us all how it was done by her actions. I loved how she treated her own parents with such respect and tenderness. She was the BEST grandmother, and loved her nieces and nephews, too. She was also fun.
I miss her every day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can attest to the great grandmother part. She was always so interested in my life and listened intently to me. What a beautiful woman too. I miss her.