Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

The passing of our beloved prophet was not unexpected, but..... Oh! How we will miss him! I have a personal memory of him that I will treasure...When I was about 18, he came to our house in Red Bluff. He was a General Authority at the time, and was traveling from Redding to San Francisco. He was dropped off at our house for the second leg of his journey. My brother Brad was going to drive him to the SF airport. Before he left, my mother snapped a picture of the two of us together, standing in the driveway. I will have to find this picture and post it. I was thrilled to be with him, even then. What a kind man he was.
He died surrounded by his family at 7:00 p.m. tonight... appropriately on the Sabbath Day. I have a testimony that he was a true prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.....He had a good sense of humor. I will mostly remember him waving his cane, and that sweet moment when he pretended to 'knight' President Henry Eyring at conference. Read his book Stand for Something.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We will miss him! Thanks for your testimony Mom.