Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Music

Last night I did something I haven't done for ages...I bought a CD...David Archuleta. I read a review that was very positive, and I'm always looking for good music for the classroom during passing time, so I bought it. I LOVE IT! I told the students that I would play the music softly as they took their Friday vocabulary test...I did it for all 4 classes...and it worked like a tonic. They were SO quiet, not wanting to miss a word, and also worked hard on their test. Good to have nice music with positive theme and from such a good role model. There is so much horrid stuff out there... I especially like Take My Hand (#2)..about seeing a girl in the audience, and not wanting his song to end because he would never see her again... very sweet. This CD went over just about as well as last month ---when I put up a huge EDWARD (Twilight) poster on my classroom door. It was hard to get into the room, with all those swooned girls' bodies to step over.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I swear you're 14! I bet your students just love you!

Melissa said...

You are the coolest teacher ever.